It is my pleasure to announcement the appointment of Ms Eka Karmila to the new position of Group Chemist Techenomics International.
Eka who is a graduate chemical engineer from the University of Malang East Java joined the company in 1999 and has held various positions in our laboratories both in Australia and Indonesia, most recently as the Laboratory Manager at our Sangatta laboratory.
She brings great experience, enthusiasm and talent to this new and challenging role where she will be working across all the companies laboratories.
Her responsibilities will cover auditing and providing quality control for all group laboratories including all ISO accreditations. She will also be responsible for the set up and correct installation of all new testing procedures and laboratories.
Specifically she will
• Write and review procedures to ensure they meet the required standards
• Ensure all standards and procedures are recorded and stored to meet ISO17025 and ISO 9001 requirements
• Randomly check reports to ensure decisions and recommendations to the client are correct.
• Assist in developing and recording new tests as required by our clients, Fuel, Water, coolant etc
• Report monthly on new developments within the group concerning standards and procedures
• Carry out audits to ensure all staff are carrying out test procedures as per our ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 certification requirements.
• Be responsible for the up keep and maintenance of ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 certification for all group labs.
• Determine suitable on going in house training for all staff is available and sign off.
• Carry out full internal audits and report as required.
In this role she will be part of the business development group and report to Glenn Brown. This will provide an independence and focus of the growth needs of our business.
I'm sure that through Eka's commitment and dedication to her science, she will have an important impact that will lead to great improvements, consistency and growth in our core business.